ATLANTA, July 14, 2014 – Ingenious Med, provider of the premiere patient encounter platform, which unifies communication, coding, revenue and business intelligence into a single solution, is urging the healthcare industry to move forward with ICD-10 preparations despite the recent postponement of the implementation date.
On April, 1, 2014, the government enacted a law postponing ICD-10 adoption to October 1, 2015 or later. This deferred deadline has delayed transition plans in healthcare systems across the United States. Ingenious Med remains ready for the transition – regardless of implementation date.
To guide this process, Ingenious Med is hosting internal ICD-10 expert, Joy Burnette, RN, BSN, AACC, CHTS-IM, CPHIMS, in a series of webinars throughout the year, which will cover the transition.
“Joy is one of the many industry experts we have working at Ingenious Med,” said S. Hart Williford, CEO and president. “Our application is designed to assist and support physician behavior in order to make efficient use of their time while driving quality of care and increasing revenue. In that same spirit, we have internal experts who offer additional guidance. These insights will continue to help our customers and prospects make this important move in a way that makes business sense and delivers better patient care.”
Burnette’s series will cover, among other topics:
- Continuing to move forward with the transition plans already in place, including:
- Pursuing ICD-10 conversion for clinicians by October 1, 2014 and dual coding
- Expanding the timeline to include other internal and external work flow initiatives
- Continuing coder/biller ICD-10 education efforts
- Reassessing internal workflow processes
- Utilizing the additional time to:
- Redefine plans,
- Evaluate/improve clinical documentation to support ICD-10 diagnosis codes,
- Adjust budget and staff resource needs,
- Conduct robust testing,
- Reaching out to vendors (billing company, billing charge capture, EHR, patient account)
- Continue crosswalk testing
- Expand end-to-end testing with billing, claims processing and EHR partners.
About Ingenious Med
Founded in 1999 by a group of physicians that sought to use technology to address the unanswered needs of the healthcare providers with useable solutions, Ingenious Med provides an award-winning platform that automates the workflow of care teams in inpatient and outpatient environments across the country.
Ingenious Med stands as an industry leader in the revenue and data capture space, and continues to do so, serving more than 25,000 users in the nation’s leading healthcare facilities. Now, fifteen years after its foundation, Ingenious Med continues to break new ground, developing useful, useable solutions to increase the quality of care, protect and bolster revenue, and most importantly of all, put physicians’ time where it is needed most: with their patients. Find out more at www.IngeniousMed.com